Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Testimony

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (for random readers who don't know). I don't get to share my testimony often and I have had an urge to share it with somebody for a while. Thus, I am writing it and sharing it with all who are willing to read.

There are few things I know for sure in this life. It seems like change is the only constant. However, this is a fallacy because I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who knows and loves me. He is the same "yesterday, today, and forever." Although others in life may disappoint me or cause me grief, my Heavenly Father never will. He cares for me and listens to my prayers. I know that he answers my prayers and provides me comfort when I am feeling down. I know he sent his son, Jesus Christ, to this Earth to atone for my sins. It is comforting to know that because of this atonement Christ knows and has felt every sorrow I will ever feel. He knows the pain I feel when a family member passes away, when I make a huge mistake, I fail a test, or when a boy decides he doesn't like me. Because of this He is one of my best friends. I know that Joseph Smith restored the true church to the face of the Earth in this dispensation. The Book of Mormon is true and is a companion to the Bible. I can grow closer to my heavenly parents by reading, studying, and following the principles in these books. I learn how to live a more meaningful life as I study the scriptures and words of living prophets. Thomas S. Monson is the prophet on the face of the Earth today. He recieves the guidance necessary to lead the church.

In my teaching program at BYU-Idaho our motto was "Christ as the Master Teacher." I believe that Christ is a master teacher. He is a master at differentiated instruction. He constantly provides me with meaningful and challenging experiences that I need to learn, grow, and reach my full potential as a daughter of God. I love that as a educator I have such an amazing teacher to strive to be like.

No comments: