Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The End of the World...Oh My

So, evidently there are some who believe that the end of the world is coming this week. I hope not...I want to actually see my college diploma before the world ends! I worked too terribly hard for it. If the world ended, I would be in decent shape overall. This talk about the world ending made me remember an experience I had in an English class after reading the book Tuesdays with Morrie. For those who haven't read it, read it! The class was an emotional class where we did a simulation as if we were in a cave and we got trapped as a class and would die. We had a few minutes to write our last thoughts. My letter focused on telling my family that I love them. Still, I remember writing the letter and thinking that my family already knew how much I loved them. Suddenly, I regretted not telling the people that I had loved that I loved them. Since that day, I have gotten much better at saying "I love you" to those important people in my life. Still, there are a lot of people who I love that I have never verbalized it to or that I haven't verbalized it to in way too long. So yeah, if the world ended this week I think my biggest regret would be not saying "I love you" enough. I hope we all find the courage and strength to allow ourselves to truly love all the amazing people that enter our lives in various seasons and choke up the three hardest words to say in the English language "I love you."

No comments: