So, I have decided that few people read my blog so I can really write whatever I feel like...no matter how crazy it sounds at the moment. But in the end, I blog for me because I find it therapeutic.
1. I feel like I am a horrible verbal communicator. If you want to know how I am really feeling about something ask me to put it in a letter. I enjoy writing. I am also braver and bolder when writing a letter. A pen empowers me. I no longer feel vulnerable with a pen in my hand but I feel as if I can be as bold as necessary to convey a point.
2. Nature soothes me. I love nature and almost everything it consists of. I remember perfect windy days when I was younger and going outside with the belief that I could fly. Thus, I would outstretch my arms. Hunting and fishing with my siblings was also a sweet experience. I miss the woods behind my house and the sweet smell of honeysuckle.
3. I am an animal lover. I was looking at a picture of James with our old cat Tiger and recalling sweet memories with those stinkin cats, and I am not a cat person at all. I remember putting a sleeping bag on the porch and lying in the sleeping bag. The cats (Socks, Tiger, and Oreo if I remember right) would crawl in the sleeping bags and keep my feet nice and warm. I loved it. However, this may be the only time you ever hear me admit that cats aren't too terribly bad.
4. I hate being alone at night. It is no secret that I am a cuddler. I love the security I feel when I am being cuddled. I especially loved being cuddled at night because I often have nightmares that horrify me, you know they type that wake you up and you almost fear going back to sleep because the nightmare could continue. I hate waking up from a nightmare and being alone. Unfortunately, I usually am alone when waking up from a nightmare.
5. Failure and the unknown petrify me. I want to be a success at life. I don't know what success for me will look like. I am finishing up my degree in teaching (currently student teaching) and everyday I hope that I don't mess up the kids. Charity says believes that "the kids of America will be okay" as long as I am a teacher. I know this is a joke but I hope she is right. I don't want to fail my students. I already love each of my current and future students so much. Plus, they may be the closest thing I ever get to youngsters of my own.
6. My family is the most important thing to me. I love them each so much. I often feel guilty because I don't show or express my love for them enough. They have always been there for me not matter how dumb or crazy I get. For this fact alone I love them.
7. I love, love, did I say love s'mores! They are like a little bit of heaven in my mouth each time I eat them. I remember camping when I was younger and eating so many s'mores that my face was covered in sticky marshmallow. Oh, and I also burn my marshmallows on purpose...
8. I hate reading blogs about how great someone's spouse is or how much they love marital bliss. I feel like some people include these subjects in every blog. Sometimes I want to shout and say, "Thanks for rubbing it my face!" I want to hear about life when I read my family and friends blog, not a 2,000 word essay on how wonderful and delightful their spouse is. I don't mind stories about their family and spouses, but I hate the mushy stuff.
Welp...that is eight tidbits about me. I know...random but true.