Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Choose your love...

This is actually a post I wrote last week but the site was down and I was unable to post it....Here ya go....


Choose your love, then love your choice everyday….

This was a quote that a friend had put as their facebook status. I really enjoyed this quote. I firmly believe that love is a choice. Too frequently people look for “the one” or a perfect match for them. I have news for all you dreamers…not gonna happen! Love doesn’t just coincidentally happen. A person chooses to spend time with another person. A person chooses to let another person get to know them. A person chooses to let themselves accept another person’s flaws. A person chooses to want to make another person happy. In short…life is about choices…even when it comes to love.


As for an update on my life. Life is going good. I am over halfway finished with student teaching and I meet my halfway mark for full time teaching tomorrow. I have really come to love my students. They cheer me up on the cloudiest of days. The smiles have really brought so much needed sunshine into my life lately. My sister, Sandra, reminded me today that life is good, except when it isn't. I have to keep that in mind and keep on trekking no matter what happens and how the choices other people make effect me. But then again, I choose to decide how I will allow others' choices to effect me as well.

2 comments:

Katie B. said...

Beke you inspire me. Way to be awesome.

Sandra and Brent said...

So true, it is a choice. And you are a really good writer! And, there are still words I can't pronounce no matter how hard I try.