Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom

I will not lie, I have been easily influenced by many people in my life. Sometimes, it is for the best, and sometimes it isn't. Out of all the people that have had any influence on my life, my mom is at the top of the list. I love my mom so much. She is a magnificent lady, even if she doesn't recognize. It is hard to see that she doesn't always realize her talents and potential. My mom is one of the people in my life that let me know it is okay to dream. I am sure everyone's mom told them they could be anything they wanted when they "grew up." I am still growing up and I still believe my mom when she tells me I can be anything I want to be when I "grow up." Mom is also a great person to talk to most of the time. She always wants to solve our problems for us. I think it is because she is such a nurturer. She is also one of the best people in the world to snuggle up to. I live far away from my mom, so I don't get to snuggle with her often, but I love it when I do. It is very intimidating for me to know that if I get the chance to be a mother, I have such high expectations to live up to. I am not saying I want to do everything as she did, but I am saying she performed, and continues to perform, the job of motherhood well. She is one of the elite women in the world that is worthy of the name, "Mother." I love you mom!

1 comment:

Sandra and Brent said...

Agreed. We were and are lucky to have her in our lives. We've learned a lot from her.