Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mom


Mom came up to visit all of us kids in Idaho this week. I just saw mom about a week and a half ago at Charity's wedding. I must confess, I didn't expect to be so excited to see her again! She has only been here a night and I am loving it. Seriously, I have the best mom in the world. Mom is kind of crazy, in a good way, and you have no choose but to love her. I don't think I realized what a great mom I was blessed with while growing up. It is only has I have become a little older that I realize what a excellent mother I have. Here are a few things I love about mom.
1) She is always ready to go and see a movie. If a movie has been in theaters for over a week and she still hasn't seen it, I am shocked.
2) She will fight for her kids. We are all grown but she still gets so mad if she feels like one of us kids are being treated unfairly.
3) She loves pictures! Mom has pictures everywhere in her house. They are fun.
4) She is a crazy dancer. I can not say much as I have no rhythm myself. But, every time mom dances, I let out a little chuckle.
5) Mom can cook. I don't think anyone will ever be able to cook a dinner as good as mom. Most people feel this way about their mothers.
6) She always did for us kids. It didn't matter if it was a barbie doll after a doctor visit or a surprise visit to Taco Bell. Mom always found ways to make her time special with us kids.
7) Mom loves to organize. This can drive me crazy at times. However, mom can throw a party like no other!

It is true. I have the best mom in the world and I don't have to do much to prove it!

2 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

Have you met my mother? Saying you have the best mother could be fighting words because my mom is pretty awesome. :)
Love you, like I love you lots!

Renee and Jake said...

I second all your facts about mom, they are so mom.