Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Life as I know it


I am pretty sure this isn't my first blog with this title. However, I haven't blogged in a few weeks and I am beginning to feel guilty. I feel like like if crazy busy. I look at the clock each night and wonder where my day went. For those of you who are looking for an update on my life here you go.

I am in a Music Methods class. I hate it. However, today in my psychology class I became a case study. One thing that I can do to better myself in this class is come up with a goal, plan, and a positive attitude. So, I am going to work on that. I have to convince myself that I can do something before my efforts are manifest to others. Yes, I am still getting tutored weekly for this class. I am going to take full advantage of it.

I mentioned I am in a psychology class. I absolutely love it. My teacher is great. I really enjoy waking up and going to class the days I have this class. I feel good when I leave the class. I am also reading Boys Adrift for the class. It is a great book. I am gaining wonderful insights.

I am in a P.E. class this semester as well. I like the class. I wake up sore every morning after class. I miss being in shape. This class has motivated me to try to exercise more. I am also working on a physical wellness plan for my family foundations class. I am running some at night. I don't know how long it will last with the weather starting to change. (It snowed this morning!) However, I have another friend teaching a cycling class that I want to try to go to weekly.

Family Foundations is a good class. I am learning a ton about Heavenly Father and his plan for me. I thought this class would be a waste of time, but it isn't. There are a ton of hidden messages in the Proclamation and wonderful talks given by general authorities to support it.

I am in a writing class as well. This class is aimed towards elementary education majors. I am enjoying it. I read a few children's books this week and enjoyed them. I like short children's novels. They restore your inner child and rejuvenate your imagination. I have to do a ton of writing for the class but I don't mind. I enjoy writing. I am also building my library of children's books. It is an addiction.

I am in a Geology class as well. I was unaware about how clueless I am about the world around me and how it works. My simple questions, like why the sky is blue, are being answered. I enjoy learning about the world. I am glad I have the chance to do so. I also discovered how much I hate labeling maps because of this class. I'll leave map-making to the professionals.

So those are my classes. I also went to devotional yesterday and it was amazing. The speaker talked about God's arms of Mercy, Love, and Strength. He made so many good points. I really did enjoy devotional and I think I will try to go to them more frequently.

So, in short, I am just living life. When something bad happens I tell myself, "It's only life." and then I listen to the song. Life has its ups and downs but I am going to try to be more positive and focus on the ups. When I have a terrible, horrible, no good, bad day I will just think to myself, "It's only life." Then I will make the next day a gazillion times better.

4 comments:

Renee and Jake said...

One of my favorite talks was by Elder Bednar when he taught us to look for the tender mercies of the Savior daily.

Robert and Charity said...

Mmm.....I just started thinking about your homemade caramel....I could go for some of that right about now. I was talking to Mama Jen tonight and I was telling her that anything you put in the oven always comes out delicious! I miss you cooking for me!

Sandra and Brent said...

Who is this mama Jen? Beck, I really enjoyed the update! Ya'll should feel guilty when you don't blog every other day like me. I'm glad you are looking at the "ups" in life and realizing the rest is just life. Love you.

The Nelson Family said...

I loved my family foundations class! However, I didn't like my geology class too much. To complicating for me, and not interesting enough to try to care.