Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 1: Things You Want to Say to Five People

I like to think that I usually say what I mean and mean what I say.  When I don't say something I usually have a pretty good reason for not saying it. Actually, does fear count as a "good" reason?  I can't pick every member of my family (because I come from a gigantic family) or else I would.  With that being said, here I go.

My Mom
I am pretty sure I have the best mom in the world.  Somehow she manages to drive me crazy and still be one of my best friends.  I think that is what moms are supposed to do.  Mom has always been there for me even when I am crazy.  Believe me, I can be pretty crazy!  So here is what I have to say to my mom:
Dear Mom,
The suspicions are true: I get all of my crazy from you.  You really are crazy, but it is a good crazy.  You are an amazing woman and have provided me with a great example of the type of person I have the potential to become.

Ginny, My Niece
Just to make it clear, I am not playing favorites with my nieces or nephews.  Ginny is the oldest one so she immediently came to my mind.
Dear Ginny,
Remember who you are and who you want to become!  Never loose sight of your dreams.  They really can come true...we just have to work a little for them.  You shine so brightly.  Never trade in your luster for things that can only make you happy temporarily.

President Obama
Dear Mr. President, 
I don't really understand politics but I hear you are messing up our country.  Please stop and fix any problems you have caused.  You may also choose to fix problems caused by former presidents.  

Random Teacher at BYU-I
When I had too many credits to get into the nursing program I went to see my academic adviser.  I forgot her name.  Anyways, we prayed together and she encouraged me to continue praying  to seek an answer for the academic path I should pursue.
Dear Random Teacher,
Remember when you made me pray about a career and I got an answer I didn't want to hear?  Well, I listened and now I am a teacher.  I am still trying to figure out why I am a teacher and think it may be one of the hardest careers out there and lowest paid, not that I am bitter. Just wanted to let you know how things turned out for me.

Myself
Is it vain that I want to say something to myself?  Maybe typing to myself makes me somewhat schizophrenic.
Dear Me,
Keep calm and carry on.  One day you will get it all done...maybe.


No comments: