Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Better Late Than Never...Happy Father's Day

We had all my students write a bio poem about their dads for Father's Day. I wanted to write one about my dad as well (because he rocks). Be warned that I only had a few minutes to write this. So here it is:

John

Successful, Handsome, Loving, Strong

Father of Renee’, Michael, Sandra, James, Rebekah, and Charity.

Lover of nature, family, and the gospel.

Who feels excited to serve others, peaceful when reading his scriptures, and full after eating mom’s good cooking.

Who fears nothing.

Who would like to see his kids get along when they are together, his cholesterol at a healthy level, and his family living close to him.

Who lives for family.

Eaton


This is my senses poem I wrote about family:

Family looks like an endless meadow.

Family sounds like laughter around a campfire.

Family feels like a thick, warm quilt, nice to have around when needed and feels smothering at other times.

Family tastes like Sour Patch Kids…first they’re sour, then they’re sweet

Family smells like freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

No comments: