So, I am 26 years old. You'd think I'd have life figured out by now, but figuring life out is a little harder than it sounds. So if anyone would like to figure out my life for me, feel free to do so, but I wish you luck in that endeavor. I have figured out a few things though. So, here are 26 life lessons I've learned.
1. You can't "make" someone do something such as like you or fall in love with you.
2. Life is about choices, choose wisely.
3. Change is the only constant in life.
4. Expect the impossible to actually happen.
5. Plans don't always work out.
6. Family is the most important thing in the world.
7. Laughter can make a bad day better.
8. Complaining never fixes anything, but it offers some relief.
9. God knows best.
10. Learn everything you can from your friends.
11. Sometimes it is a blessing when people walk out of your life.
12. Don't be afraid to cry.
13. Tell people how you feel. They can't read your mind.
14. Treat your body how you want it to treat you.
15. Chocolate and ice cream really do help when having a bad day.
16. Being a grown up isn't always fun, but you couldn't get me to relive my teenage years.
17. You never really grow out of awkwardness.
18. God has a hand in everything that happens in life.
19. Love doesn't make people change. Don't think your love can "save" someone from themselves. They have to make the choice to change. (See #1 and 2)
20. Books are one of the best creations ever.
21. If you need strength, go to the temple. You will find it there.
22. People will always surprise you, no matter how well you think you know them.
23. Have an attitude of gratitude.
24. Take time to look at the stars.
25. When you love someone, tell them.
26. Finally, as Dr. Seuss said, remember that "life's a great balancing act."