Friday, December 25, 2009

I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams

This year I decided not to go home for Christmas so that I could work. I went home for Thanksgiving instead, and I had an excellent time. Originally, I was supposed to work Christmas Day. I had anticipated working the holiday so I could get extra pay and it would keep my mind off of not being in Tennessee for the holidays. However, we did not have enough patients at work to justify me working on Christmas day, so I got called off. I was sad. James and Kara are down for the holidays though. I had thought about going to Boise and sleeping under Charity's Christmas Tree for the holiday, but it was late and I am going to Boise to visit Charity next week. So, I called James up and spent the night at the McKinley's. I woke up Christmas morning and watched Elle open her Santa gifts. The McKinley's cooked an amazing breakfast and I enjoyed it immensely. They also even filled a stocking for me! Christmas away from Tennessee hasn't been bad for me at all. I miss my family tons, and wish I could be with them, but I am having a good holiday. Hopefully, next year we can all be together. As for now, I am home for Christmas even it it is only in my dreams. I hope everyone has an amazing day!

2 comments:

Renee and Jake said...

Wish you were here too....glad Kara took care of you. Inlaw family is always nice and they become yours too.

Robert and Charity said...

I can not wait to see you tomorrow or monday!!!