Sunday, February 15, 2009

I want a pet


When I went home for Christmas I saw a sugar glider. They are so cute! Since then I have really been wanting a pet. The only problem is that I can't have a pet in student housing. Sad story! I have often said that my first order of business when I get out of school and get a place of my own would be to get a dog!!! I really want one now. Anyways back to the story. I was sitting at home today and Googling apartment friendly pets. Things such as fish, turtles, hermit crabs, snakes, rats, spiders, ferrets, and sugar gliders came up. I really want a pet I can cuddle. I was expressing this desire to my roommates and they said, "Why don't you just get a dog?" Then the wheels in my head started turning. I wondered is it really possible that I could get a dog and hide it from my apartment manager??? I then thought about getting a Chorkie, like James and Kara had. They are small, don't seem to have a loud bark, and could probably easily be hide if needed. My roommate then suggested that I look at Chiweenies. Let me say that they are adorable. I know it really isn't realistic for me to get one so I am thinking about seeing if I can volunteer at an animal shelter or something. I really love dogs and can't wait to get one!

No comments: