Thursday, February 24, 2011

Living the Dream

When people ask me how I am doing I usually respond, "Just living the dream." no matter how great or horrible I am doing. This morning I woke up and thought, "What is the dream?" Ughh...life is so stressful. I questioned if I really was living the so called American Dream. I am always working. I go to school, come home, do homework, go to work, come back home, do a little more homework, and try to laugh as much as possible during the process. Don't get my wrong, I really do love life, but I am so ready for a little Beke time. The American Dream is great and all but sometimes I wish I could experience a slower paced life. I have heard that in other countries things are so much more relaxed. Maybe that's the life I would love for me. But for now, I must keep on working. I am glad I live in a country where anyone can succeed if they work hard, but I am even beginning to question what success is. Can you truly succeed with all this hard work? I might succeed in my professional life but what about my spiritual, emotional, and social self? I wonder if I really am living the dream our forefathers envisioned.

2 comments:

Charlie King said...

At least you have a positive attitude about everything! I like to enjoy the little things in life and not really think about the monotony of my life.

LolaCarrero said...

I'm doing my last year at high school and I'm always studying, I haven't too much free time to do what I want. Although I don't work.
But I think that you can work hard now to get a good job you love and later you will be able to do all those things which makes you happy and to get relaxed. :)

There's time for everything in life ;)