Saturday, June 14, 2008

What is Happily Ever After?

One comment on my blog with my eight random facts asked me to define Happily Ever After. Does it consist of prince charming galloping in on his white horse to take you riding off into the sunset then you stay at your castle singing while he goes out and does whatever a prince does? Or maybe it consists of being a career woman who already has enough to do without the worries of true love. I don't know. I think my happily ever after has it all...career, family, friends, lazy days on the beach, traveling the world, and a prince charming somewhere in the mix. Right now I know what I would like for my happily ever after to consist of and I could plan on all these things, but life doesn't always go according to plan. Unfortunately there are always mix ups on the way. So I have concluded that I do not know exactly what my happily ever after will consist of. I only know that I am blessed enough to have my agency. Thus it is my choice on rather or not I live happily ever after. There will always be things completely out of my control like the environment and other people's actions but I can control my reactions to there actions! It is very invigorating to know that I will always have a choice even if that choice is simply rather or not I let something make me incredibly sad or if I let myself find the positive in a bad situation. So maybe I won't have the American dream of finding the love of my life, having 2.5 kids, and living in a house with a white picket fence. I could care less because no matter what life throws at me I have resolved to see God's hand in it and make the best of it. I am not saying I will never feel the feelings of despair but I will not let those feelings interfere with my happiness. There is a quote that states, "The greatest fairy tale of all is life." All together I believe that life is what you make. You literally write your own ending. With that being said I know that mine will end with these six profound words...AND SHE LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

3 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

This is my favorite one you have written. It is something we should all remember. We chose how we feel about things but not what actually is given to us. Thanks for reminding me of this.

Renee and Jake said...

I love this Beck. You should print it out sand save it forever. I hope everyone finds and is living their happily ever after. Maybe I am emotional this monring because it made be a bit teary eyed. I love you. Great blog.

Scottie said...

And however you define it, I still say you will get there... Like you said, life is all about choices.