Friday, May 16, 2008

Puppies, Lizards, Mice, Birds, and Fish

For those of you who don't know, last Sunday my brother and sister-in-law got a puppy. He is absolutely adorable and I really enjoy playing with him. I took advantage of having the day off today, to prepare for my trip of course, and took the kids to Petco to get some puppy treats. We get there and they love the puppy buffet. The treats look similar to human treats. We got the puppy treats and then Seth spotted the furry mice and ferrets. The kids were so excited. We also looked at turtles, snakes, lizards, and even a spider. Strangly I think it would be fun and exciting to have a pet spider. I am pretty sure that Mike and Amy would both disagree with that. However I am sure a spider would be low maintenance, which is what a work-a-holic needs. Sydney saw the fish. At first the kids were excited to see Nemo and Dori but then Sydney said the fish started to scare her. Weird kid...she was fine with the snakes but not with the fist! The kids also loved looking at the colorful birds. The looks of excitement on their faces was classic. We also picked to dog up a toy hot dog and a raw hide bone. We went to check out and I snapped a doggy animal cracker in half for the puppy and gave a piece to both Sydney and Seth to feed the puppy while I was paying. I looked back and Syndey was trying to eat the half I gave her. I had to explain that the cookie was a puppy cookie. We went to Fiesta Ole' to get tacos after the pet store and Sydney kept asking for a cookie after that! It was fun. There ya go...That's my day. I guess it is time for me to finish getting ready to fly to TN tomorrow.

2 comments:

Renee and Jake said...

Such a cute little aunt. My girls are looking forward to yall getting here.

Renee and Jake said...

I already miss you guys. Hope your flight back to Ideeho was as good as it could be. Love you.