Twenty-Twelve is almost over! It is hard to believe. I don't know if I got too terribly much accomplished this year, but I like to think that I am a better person than I was a year ago. So, as the year ends I am going to declare 10 things I know...
1) The church is true. Even if I wanted to deny this fact, I couldn't. How do I know? Because I have had days where I have wanted to deny it and couldn't.
2) I love my students. They drive me crazy, test my patience, and bring so much joy and happiness to my life. I don't have kids of my own, so it is nice to be loved by so many children and to know that they are mine for 8 hours a day.
3) My nieces and nephews are the cutest things ever. They have wonderful parents. Each one is such a unique individual and I know each one has the potential to change the world
4) Family is everything. Sometimes I can be pretty mean to my family. Still, they are always there and show me more love than I sometimes feel like I deserve.
5) I love CrossFit! It has truly changed me...I could go on about this, but won't.
6) It is possible to maintain long distance relationships with friends. My 4 best friends are all at least 1,500 miles away and I still feel as close to them as I did when we all lived less than a block away. I just miss cooking, cuddling, and star-gazing with them.
7) If you don't put yourself "out-there" you won't get results. This is true in so many aspects of your life. Even failure is a result. You won't always succeed, but you will never know what the result will be if you don't try.
8) Be happy. The only other choice is to be grumpy. That doesn't sound fun at all.
9) Just do it! If you want something go out and get it. Talking about it doesn't get you anywhere. This is definitely advice I should follow more often.
10) I am less than a year and a half from turning 30! YIKES!!!