Saturday, April 16, 2011

Life After Graduation

I have been away from Rexburg for a week and I miss it so very much. I started my student teaching on Monday. I interviewed and did orientation most of the day. I also decided to explore Meridian. It is a nice town and I like it a lot. I have a feeling it will be difficult for me to leave this city when June comes. The weather is so much nicer. I met my students on Tuesday. They are such a wonderful group of munchkins. I already love each of them so much and they seem to enjoy having another teacher around. I hope I am using the knowledge I gained in my past four years of college like my teachers planned on me using it...appropriately.

I also realize that graduating from college means that I have to have courage. No one ever prepares for all of the post graduation decisions you have to make. I feel like no decision is the best decision and I just have to make one and go with it. So, I am starting the application process for some schools in TN. I don't want to leave Idaho but I have to be brave and move on to new adventures. Am I doing the right thing? Only time will tell.

4 comments:

Katie B. said...

Amen to that Beke! No one every tells us about all the decisions after.... let alone which one is the right one. Good luck! Remember your support group (ally and I). We love your stories and want to continue hearing them!

Brian and Ali Childs said...

Bek! I have been stalking you on your blog. congrats on your student teaching in boise. I don't know if you remember this but I totally went to high school in eagle and lived in meridian for a while. Which school are you at? I want to know everything you have experienced! Tell me on facebook since I always forget to look at this. Maybe i could tell you some helpful hints about living there. who knows. PS miss you and your southern twang. :)

SepticTank.co.uk said...

I really like your blog!

AllyValdez said...

please do not be jealous. im jobless and bored to tears. i miss rexburg so much--i may be somewhat depressed. i miss you and all you're hilarious remarks. and your hickies...

can you make my decisions for me? mmmk. thanks.